24.9.11

To Do_Summer Project

Our summer project consisted of observing ourselves in macro detail. We were supposed to collect a large amount of information about ourselves daily that we could then collate and present in an interesting way. I decided to collect the information through 'To Do' lists. These lists are something that everyone does from time to time as a way of organizing their lives. I'm a keen list writer and it seemed the perfect way of recording what I was doing during the summer.

My lists were supposed to be written on any piece of scrap paper that I could find, just like they would be normally. As a way of storing the lists once I had written them, I made a notebook.






I went through the recording process for 24 days, by that time I had a number of lists featuring all sorts of tasks, some of which I completed, some I repeated and others that I avoided. I went through each list and took down as many statistics about them as I could. I then organized this information into a series of posters.
As a final part to the project, we had to create a teaser poster that could direct viewers towards our body of work.


Overall the project feels like a good way to get back into Graphic Design after a pretty relaxed summer. Ready to get started again, now that I'm a Third Year...


2 comments:

  1. I realy like this Nick, I start every weekend with a list that starts TO DO. I never get through it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Kev! I know, I'm pretty useless at finishing off my lists too...

    ReplyDelete